Our practice provides comprehensive dental treatment for the whole family. We recommend having your teeth cleaned twice a year. At one of those visits (once a year) we recommend having dental radiographs (x-rays) taken and an exam done by one of our dentists. A shortened list of our basic services with brief explanations are listed below.
- Composite restorations: tooth colored fillings
- Silver amalgam restorations: traditional silver fillings
- Sedative restorations: temporary fillings done to control rampant decay or for cancer patients
- Gold inlays/onlays: traditional filling material with precious metal as their primary component
- Crowns: a restoration that completely covers tooth to provide improved strength and/or function
- Bridges: a series of crowns used to replace missing teeth
- Veneers: an esthetic anterior restoration
*There are many options in fixed prosthetics, and crowns can be made from a multitude of materials. A thorough discussion with the dentist is required to determine what the best choice is for each patient.
- Dentures: both full and partial
- Root canal: a process to sterilize and fill the interior of a tooth
- Prophy: a typical cleaning appointment done every six months
- Scaling and rootplaning: a more thorough version of prophy appointment usually involving anesthetic
- Simple extractions: removal or ‘pulling’ of tooth/teeth
- Surgical extractions: removal of tooth/teeth by means of surgery
- Biopsy: tissue removal to check for abnormalities
*In addition, our dental office has a close relationship with a dentist specializing in this field. Dr Stern lives in Jackson and once a month visits our practice. He provides treatment while here. Most of our wisdom teeth extractions are performed by Dr Stern.